Corporate Social Responsibility
At The Avvashya Group, we are committed to improving the quality of the environment towards greater sustainability. Towards this endeavour we actively encourage and support educational initiatives. At The Avvashya Group, we believe that every child deserves a chance to learn and discover the opportunities that the world has to offer and we are actively working and promoting that ethos with our focus on Education.
Some of our activities in the field of Education include,
- Setting up a school in Koproli, in close proximity to our JNPT CFS
- Adopting a village for sponsorship at Karjat and ensuring the education needs of the children there
- Contributing towards building the Pircon School, in one of our CFS regions
- Lending a helping hand to the 'The Akanksha Foundation', a non-profit organization with the vision to equip the less-privileged amongst us with the education, skills and character they need to lead empowered lives
- Association with the Light of Life Foundation (LOLT) - Working with Light of Life, an NGO addressing the educational needs of children below the poverty line. Reaching out through various specifically developed educational models by LOLT to empower them for life. Adopting a centre at Karjat (a Tier II city in the interiors of Maharashtra)
- Project Anando; looks into the secondary educational needs of children. There are 65 beneficiaries.
- Client Need assessment (CNA) was conducted in the JNPT (CFS) area. This activity has led to the adoption of a school, and the need for community awareness programs.
- Community awareness programs were conducted around the JNPT (CFS) in Mumbai
- Community awareness programs were conducted in Bantwal, Mangalore, South India
Apart from the above we have actively supported Sports and the Environment for achieving sustainable development - the The Avvashya Group way of nurturing the environment and giving back to the community that we live in. Some of these activities include:
- Sponsorship of an aspiring athlete Piyush Sharma from Rajasthan, who had an ambitious dream to become the first Asian to accomplish the feat of crossing the English Channel (two-ways). We extended all support to encourage him in his endeavour.
- Extending aid as and when the need arises,like the Bihar Relief Fund
- Association with the Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS) - The Avvashya Group has a 5 year corporate membership with BNHS that is involved in the conservation of nature. BNHS is the oldest environmental NGO in India, engaged in research, conservation of nature and public awareness.